Keto Pizza Chaffle
KETO PIZZA CHAFFLE - IN 2 STEPS
- Get your heat ready! Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Turn waffle maker on or plug it in so that it gets hot.
- In a small bowl add almond flour, egg white, mozzarella cheese, softened cream cheese, baking powder, garlic powder, Italian seasonings, and a pinch of salt.
- Pour 1/2 of the batter in the waffle maker, close the top, and cook for 3-4 minutes or until chaffle reaches desired doneness.
- Carefully remove chaffle from the waffle maker, then follow the same instructions to make the second chaffle.
- Top each chaffle with tomato sauce (I used 1 1/2 tsp per), pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, and parmesan cheese.
- Place in the oven on a baking sheet (or straight on the baking rack) on the top shelf of the oven for 5-6 minutes. Then turn the oven to broil so that the cheese begins to bubble and brown. Keep a close eye as it can burn quickly. I broiled my pizza chaffle for approx 1 min and 30 seconds
Are you ready for the BEST Keto Pizza Chaffle recipe you’ve ever made? Okay, I know that a BIG claim, but I promise you’ll be obsessed with this recipe as much as we are once you try it for yourself.
This super easy recipe is quick ad delicious, which is perfect for busy households or parents that are exhausted from life (we can all relate). This Keto Pizza Chaffle with remind you of real pizza, but it’ll be even better because - KETO! The funnest part in my opinion is adding all of the customized toppings. Your kids or friends will have a blast creating their own Pizza Chaffle this Summer, for sure.
It can be overwhelming trying to follow a Ketogenic Diet, but this recipe literally makes it easy! We had a blast trying different recipes for Pizza Chaffle recipes and taste testing them ALL…but we have to admit, this Keto-friendly recipe wins hands down.
This recipe was inspired by KaseyTrenum.com with some special edits/additions to make this Keto Pizza Chaffle even more yummy.
Now, you might be asking “What the heck is a Pizza Chaffle?!” and, I don’t blame you… Chaffle is a weird word, isn’t it? Let me break it down for you:
WHAT IS A KETO PIZZA CHAFFLE?
Chaffle ingredients always include egg and cheese. To make it a pizza Chaffle, you just add in more ingredients to add to the “Pizza” taste. Most chafes are made in a waffle iron. Mini waffles are the best option in our opinion, and they allow you to make a bunch at once…which again, a huge win-win!
Alright, let’s gets started on this yummy Keto Pizza Chaffle, shall we?
In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Stir ingredients until well combined. This particular recipe makes a smaller amount of batter, which makes two Pizza Chaffles. But, feel free to multiple measurements to make more for bigger families, events, or just to freeze for later.
Pour the thick batter into your waffle iron. Let the Chaffle batter cook in the waffle iron until it’s nicely browned with a golden color. This will allow the Chaffle to cook through and be nice and crispy on the edges. YUM!
Want a TASTY tip for extra crispiness?
Sprinkle some parmesan or Mozzarella cheese into the waffle iron before you pour in the batter, and then again on top of the batter after it’s poured. That cheese will crisp in the iron, and make an irresistible crust on your Pizza Chaffle!
Place the chaffles on a baking pan or cookie sheet and top with your favorite pizza toppings. I topped these delicious Keto Pizza Chaffles with a low carb marinara sauce, thick cut pepperonis, fresh mozzarella slices, and parmesan cheese. Remember: You can get as creative as you’d like! Feel free to top the Keto Pizza Chaffles with your favorite pizza toppings!
And, that’s it…You’ve now made some super delicious Keto Pizza Chaffles in two easy steps. I promise that your entire family (and/or friends) will absolutely LOVE these, and beg you for the recipe. So, make sure you send them our way by sharing this link ;)
Sign up for our newsletter here, to get notified when we post new recipes and so much more!