Keto-Friendly Irish Brownies with Cream
Gluten Free, Grain Free, Keto Friendly, Low Carb, Wheat Free
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and grease a brownie pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine softened cream cheese, softened butter, your choice of low carb sweetener (Stevia sweetener is a great choice), Ghirardelli cocoa powder, cacao nibs, and Jameson whiskey together until smooth.
- Next, mix in the eggs one at a time. Then, mix in the remaining dry ingredients - almond flour, baking powder, arrowroot starch flour, and Lily’s semi-sweet baking chocolate chips.
- 4.Once thoroughly mixed, pour the batter into the brownie pan. Spread the batter evenly throughout the pan and bake for 20-25 minutes. To determine if the brownies are ready, use a toothpick to check the center. If the toothpick comes out clean, but you still aren’t sure, remember the brownies will still continue to bake a bit based on the internal temperature. What you want to avoid is overbaking them or drying them out. Remove the brownies and let them fully cool before frosting.
- To make the Irish cream whipped cream, beat the heavy cream in a bowl until soft peaks form. Add your choice of powdered sweetener, cacao nibs, and Jameson whiskey. Then, mix until stiff peaks form. Use a spatula to spread the whipped cream over the top of the cooled brownies. Sprinkle with cocoa powder and Lily’s semi-sweet baking chocolate chips if desired. Cut into 16 squares. Store in the fridge.
If you want to make regular brownies, omit the cacao nibs and whiskey and add in a teaspoon of vanilla instead.
- YIELD: 16
- SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving:
- CALORIES: 191
- TOTAL FAT: 17g
- SATURATED FAT: 7g
- TRANS FAT: 0g
- UNSATURATED FAT: 8g
- CHOLESTEROL: 55mg
- SODIUM: 89mg
- CARBOHYDRATES: 5g
- NET CARBOHYDRATES: 3g
- FIBER: 2g
- SUGAR: 4g
- PROTEIN: 4g